Does Revved Up Kids training work? Yes!
Since 2010, Revved Up Kids has trained tens of thousands of children and teens to be safer from predators, and we've equipped thousands of parents to be better protectors of their children. But does our personal safety and self-defense training for children and teens work? The answer is YES.
During the 2016-17 school year, Revved Up Kids partnered with MLS Health Services and The University of Georgia School of Public Health to conduct a program evaluation of our Safety Sense for Children training. The evaluation asked and answered the following questions:
- Does Revved Up Kids training change a child's understanding of who predators are? Results: YES!
- Does Revved Up Kids training improve a child's everyday safety habits and self-protective behaviors?
- Does Revved Up Kids training increase a child's confidence in responding to a predator?
In 2023, Revved Up Kids shared pre- and post-test data from our Protected While Connected online safety training program with a graduate student at The University of North Carolina Wilmington School of Psychology. The evaluation asked and answered the following questions:
- Does Revved Up Kids training change a participant's knowledge about how their personal data is accessed and used online? Results: YES!
- Does Revved Up Kids training equip participants to manage their online reputation? Results: YES!
- Does Revved Up Kids training improve a participant's ability to recognize online predators and avoid online pornography? Results: YES!
In addition to the formal program evaluations, Revved Up Kids obtains ongoing feedback from training participants and adult observers. Overwhelmingly, the thousands of feedback surveys indicate that our training is accomplishing its goals.