Training for Staff & Volunteers
Adults as Protectors
Ask most youth-serving professionals and teachers and they'll tell you that they feel inadequately equipped when it comes to the subject of sexual abuse. Even with strong organizational protections in place, staff and volunteers often feel helpless when they witness signs of an abuser in their midst, or receive a disclosure from a child.
Revved Up Kids Adults as Protectors training offers an overview of the issue of sexual abuse that includes action steps that can be taken by individuals and organizations to create a culture of child protection. Topics addressed in this session include:
- Assessment of staff knowledge/comfort with the issue
- Framework for a culture of safety within the organization
- Understanding the impact of trauma on learning, identifying the signs, creating safe spaces
- Taking action individually and collectively to protect children (what does it look like to be brave?)
Program Length: 60 minutes + Q&A | Target Audience: Staff and Volunteers of youth-serving organizations and schools
Mandated Reporter Training
This facilitator-led training by Prevent Child Abuse (PCA) Georgia gives participants the ability to recognize, react, and report child maltreatment, along with a scenario practice.
Topics covered include:
- Identify which groups of children may be at higher risk of being abused or neglected
- Identify physical and behavioral indicators child abuse and neglect in Georgia
- Understand how the laws around mandated reporting affect mandated reporters
- Describe the process for handling a disclosure of abuse
- Describe the mandated reporter's role and necessary steps in reporting suspected abuse and neglect
Program Length: 2 Hours + Q&A | Target Audience: Staff and Volunteers of youth-serving organizations, parents and concerned adults
Contact us today to discuss Mandated Reporter training for your group in-person or virtually.
Organizational Child Safety Assessment
Revved Up Kids welcomes the opportunity to assist your organization in creating or expanding its child safety policies and procedures. We will review any documents, environmental protections, training programs, etc. and provide advice on areas for improvement.
We can assist with any of the following:
Creation, or review and revision of:
- staff/volunteer screening procedures
- staff/volunteer onboarding procedures
- staff/volunteer agreements
- child safety policy and procedure
- policy/procedure regarding disclosures or suspicions of abuse
- review the environment for security risks
- suggest equipment/furniture/fixtures/procedures to improve child safety
Revved Up Kids is able to produce documents and policy frameworks for your environment, and we will refer your organization to other specialists if needed to ensure that your needs are met.