Statistics About Children and Violence
Important statistics about children and violence:
- Research shows that more than 1 in 10 children will be sexually abused before turning 18.
- The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children reports that over 800,000 children are reported missing each year. Over 100 of these are kidnapped by strangers. That’s one child every three days!
- Over 90% of the time, predators know their victims.
- Most children do not disclose sexual abuse.
- More than 50% of molesters are married with children of their own. Almost all molesters are men.
- More than 1 in 6 teen girls will be date raped before turning 22.
- The average age for a child sex trafficking victim is 14.
- Domestic violence claims the lives of an average of 100 women each month.
- Authorities receive a child abuse report every 10 seconds, over 3 million reports each year.
- Children who fight back against a predator are much more likely to survive and escape their attacker.
- There are more than 750,000 registered sex offenders in the US, but most molesters have not been caught.
- The most likely person to sexually abuse your child will not be someone on the registry, it will be someone you know and trust.
Have you done everything in your power to equip your child to stay safe? Revved Up Kids is here to help. Contact us about our personal safety and self-defense classes for children today!