Stories from victims of sexual abuse…..
Number of Safer Children and Teens and counting! (through May 2016)
Why Revved Up Kids
What you should know……
- Most parents do not want to believe that their child could be targeted by a predator. The facts paint a different picture. Statistics show that more than 1 in 10 children will be victims of sexual abuse before turning 18. Child sexual abuse is an epidemic.
- Revved Up Kids recognizes that this is a difficult topic, and our self-defense classes for children in Atlanta are designed to help parents approach it in a non-threatening way.
- Children can be safer if they are provided with knowledge and skills that equip them to respond effectively to a threat.
- Revved Up Kids personal safety and self-defense classes are provided in convenient single session formats and customizable to meet your group’s training goals. Our programs focus on personal safety, violence prevention and predator avoidance. Additionally, we provide personal safety and self-defense classes for teen girls that teach target avoidance and relationship abuse prevention.
- All of our programs provide valuable information and training for children, families, parents, guardians, educators, and anyone entrusted with the care of children.
Feedback From Parents……
“I signed my kids up for to help them protect themselves. The bonus was that I learned how to better protect them! This is a great class for parents and children! A real eye-opener!”
“My children’s safety is a top priority and this class really gave me confidence. My kids not only enjoyed the class, they also learned a lot about protecting themselves. This was a great way for all of us to start developing better safety habits.”
“Revved Up Kids offers a program that’s pertinent, timely and appropriate. Since taking the class, my daughter has been much more aware of her surroundings and is making safer choices. It also stimulated a good safety dialogue in our home, we’re all trying to Be Smart, Be Strong, and Be Safe!”
“Revved Up Kids was an important way to make my young son aware of, and empowered to handle, potential dangers without frightening him. These are scary topics to address with a 6-year-old; but after the class, he felt strong, not afraid.”
“My daughter really enjoyed this class and she learned a lot about being safer. The instructors were knowledgeable and the material was well taught and age appropriate. Revved Up Kids is a great program.”
“My kids have had some great safety education at school; but participating with them in the Revved Up Kids class really helped because now I know exactly what they learned and how to keep reinforcing it. And the parent resource packet Revved Up Kids provided is amazing. I never knew how much there was to learn!”
“Safety has always been a priority for my family; but the Revved Up Kids class gave my daughter a chance to put concepts into action. The videos were a great teaching tool; and she felt very empowered after practicing her physical self- defense skills.”
“I attended Revved Up Kids with my two daughters. I was amazed at how strong they were when they were defending themselves against the instructor! I have a lot more confidence now that they would have a good chance to escape an attacker; and I also believe that the awareness skills they learned will help them avoid getting into an unsafe situation in the first place.”
“Attending the Revved Up Kids class was fun for my two boys. Actually, I learned a lot about fending off an attacker, too. The boys are still talking about the “Chicken Beak” method of poking an attacker’s eyes. Watching them practice that technique was memorable! Thanks, Revved Up Kids! We hope to attend a follow up class and further practice what we learned. ”
Feedback From Children……
“I liked the hitting, kicking and punching part. I got to use all my strength to get away. It was fun”
“I feel a lot stronger now and I can say no if a grown up wants me to do something that’s bad.”
“The song we learned helps me remember where to hit a bad grown up.”
“The class was really fun. I think about being safer a lot more now and I also know I could get away from a bad grown-up if I had to.”